Association „Balta maja”
Association starts a project, which will promote involvement in civic participation processes the minority NGO
On November 1, the association launched the project „Experience and Knowledge of Association „Balta Maja” for the Integration of National Minorities into Latvia` s community” (Project contract No.: 2013.EEZ/PP/2/MAC/035/050) introduce. Project supported by European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009.-2014. year period in program „NVO fonds” lower program „NVO projektu programma”. Length of the project: 16 months; from 01/11/2014 till 29/02/2016. Project will take place in: Latgale region: Daugavpils district, Rezekne district, Livani district; Zemgale region: Jekabpils, Jekabpils district. Association „Balta maja” is reiceiver of co-financing.
The aim of the project: to promote the integration of national minorities and NGOs into Latvia`s community and to enchance the civic participation. Main objectives of the project: 1) latvian language courses for representatives of national minorities and non-citizens; 2) promotion of the intercultural dialogue and integration of national minorities; 3) capacity building of national minorities NGOs, through promotion of cooperation, active engagement and civic participation.
The project is based on the transfer of experience and knowledge of the association „Balta Maja” to national minorities NGOs. Partners of the project are the following national minorities NGOs: Slavish culture association „Uzori” (Livani), Ukrainian culture association „Javir” (Jekabpils), the theatre studio „Jorik” from Rezekne and the association of Belorussian culture „Uzdim” from Daugavpils.
Main activities of the project:
- Educational acitivities for representatives of national minorities and non-citizens.
- Interactive activities with an aim to promote intercultural communication.
- Capacity building activities for national minorities NGOs.
- Informative and publicity measures.
- Development and dissemination of informative materials.
The target group of the project:
- 100 representatives of national minorities and non-citizens will take part in educational activities.
- 400 representatives of national minorities and non-citizens, that make up 50% of total number (800) of visitors, will take part in interactive activities promoting intercultural communication.
- 4 representatives of national minorities NGOs will take part in capacity building activities.
- 120 representatives of national minorities NGOs and non-citizens will take part in informative and publicity activities. 12000 people will receive information indirectly.
The project will contribute to the achieving common goals and objectives of the „Projects programm of non-governmental organizations” and will promote development of a cohesive society according to goals of the support area No.2.
- Expected results of the project:
- Educational activities will promote an increase of knowledge and level of comprehension, that will further the integration into society and will result in acquiring the Latvian citizenship.
- Interactive activities promoting intercultural communication will raise the participation in national minorities associations and will popularize volunteerism.
- Capacity building activities will increase the competence of 4 national minorities NGOs and will develop long term cooperation and involvement in processes of civic participation.
Informative and publicity measures will ensure publicity of the project in all the regions of the country.
Informative measure about Project launch will be held in December 4 at 10:30 indoors of association (Stacijas iela 2, Livani). You will get more information about project and information about research in NGO Latvian sector from Inta Simanska – she represents Association „Latvian civil alliance.”
The program is funded by the EEZ Grants and Latvian State
Supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
www.sif.lv www.eeagrants.lv www.eeagrants.org
This publication has been prepared by the EEA Financial Mechanism and Latvian State financial support. For the content of this publication responsible Association „Balta Maja”.