Association „Balta maja”
Association „Balta maja” begin EEA Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 period Programme „NGO fund” supported project implementation.
Project name: „Support for the Activity of the Association „Balta Maja” to Strengthen the Participatory Democracy in Latgale Region
The Objective of the Work Programme is to strengthen the sustainability and capacity of the association „Balta Maja” with the aim to promote the processes of participatory democracy in Latgale region in accordance with „NGO Fund” programme of EEA Financial Mechanism 2009- 2014.
During the project, the following activities of the association „Balta Maja” Work Programme will be realized:
- 1. High quality social service and social assistence development will be ensured taking into consideration the principles of good governance and promoting the economical and social sustainability of the services provided by the association.
- 2. Regular activities to promote active citizenship, participation, self-education and popularizing the volunteer work will be ensured.
- 3. Cooperation among NGOs and interest groups of Livani district with the aim to promote the participation of non-governmental organizations in policy action building and decision-making processes will be developed.
- 4. Participation of the association in cooperation promoting activities with the non-governmental organizations in Latgale region and seniors’ cooperation network „Dzivotprieks” will be ensured.
- 5. Capacity building activities of the association „Balta Maja” with the aim to promote the administrative capacity, social and economical sustainability of the organization will be provided.
- 6. Information and publicity measures of the project to provide the information about the process and results of the project to representatives of municipalities and NGOs in Latgale region will be organized.
- 7. Fund-rising activities for long-term operation of the organization will be realized.
- 8. Renovation and readjustment of the premises to improve the operation of the Day Care Centre for persons with mental disabilities will be done.
Planned Results of The Work Programme:
- 1. Promoted development of the core areas of the association`s work and the increase of the quality of the services provided.
- 2. Ensured further development of the association’s activities and the promotion of volunteer work.
- 3. Cooperation among NGOs and interest groups of Livani district developed.
- 4. Cooperation with NGOs from Latgale region and other regions of the country promoted.
- 5. 15 members and employees of the association trained and provided with new knowledge and skills in experience exchange trips.
- 6. 2 events providing information and publicity of the project organized, publicity of the project provided and the 6 informative materials of the association worked out and disseminated.
- 7. Activities to attract additional funding carried out.
- 8. Renovation and adjustments of the premises of Day Care Centre done.
Locations for the Execution of the Work Programme: 1. Association „Balta Maja”, Stacijas Street 2, Livani, Livani district, LV-5316
2. The Unit of the association „Balta Maja” – „Day Care Centre”, Zala Street 10 – 16, Livani, Livani district LV-5316
Project funding source:
Project total eligible cost: 41 900, 02 LVL (95% EEZ Grants and 5% Latvian State)
Program co-financing: 37 710,02 LVL (90% of the project total eligible costs)
Beneficiaries of co-financing funding: 4 190,00 LVL
The information was prepared by
Inguna Badune (project coordinator)
The program is funded by the EEZ Grants and Latvian State
Supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
www.sif.lv www.eeagrants.lv www.eeagrants.org